Friday 9 January 2015

What I took from the Image Expo news.

I was a bit stunned yesterday afternoon when, after checking comic book news sites (as is my standard operating procedure when I get home), I discovered that there was an Image Expo (presumably the first of 2015) having taken place in San Francisco. This was exciting news for me as it meant I could get a pretty good idea of what projects I could expect to see hit the shelves during the next 12 months.

Therefore, using the news from Comics Alliance, I decided to go through the list of announcements to find what books I might like to take a look at within the coming year. Upon doing this, here was what caught my eye:

Saviour by Todd McFarlane and Clayton Crain - I'm not a huge McFarlane fan, but I AM a big Crain fan (his Ghost Rider was immense). Looks like his art has improved since so I wanna keep an eye out for this.

No Mercy by Alex De Campi and Carla Speed McNeil - The info given and the cover are interesting alone, but when taken together I just can't help but wonder what this book is about.

RunLoveKill by Jonathan Tsuei, Eric Canete and Leonardo Olea - I'm not quite sure what this is about but the gorgeous cover art, along with the unusual name has got my attention.

Monstress by Marjorie Liu and Sana Takeda - Not much to go on, but I've always wanted to read Marjorie Liu's work and I loved Sana Takeda's art in Ms Marvel way back when.

Sons of the Devil by Brian Buccellato and Toni Infante - A pyschological thriller set over 25 years? Sure, sounds interesting. Brian Buccellato is involved? Yeah, I'm sold.

I Hate Fairyland by Scottie Young and Jean-Francois Beaulieu - The idea of a pyscho version of a fairy tale intrigues me.

Obviously, I haven't based the above on much more than the brief synopsis and the art which Comics Alliance supplied, but while additional info may alter my opinion on some of these books in time, they all very much took my fancy. I'm now very confident Image will be supply me with yet more comics on my pull list, especially with my current 'one new comic book every month' resolution which I'm trying to live by.

No comments:

Post a Comment