Tuesday 6 January 2015

Comics wish list for 2015

It occurred to me last week (in truth it was about five seconds after hitting publish on my last post) that, while I do have big plans, there are also things that I wish to happen in the wider comics world during 2015:

1. Fantastic Four returns with a BANG - it's a foregone conclusion that FF is to end (something I'm not happy about) but hopefully after the new movie tanks (it will, it's based on the ultimate version after all), it'll be back and better than ever (with Waid in the driving seat again).

2. Better DC books post-convergence - with the exception of Earth 2 (which since World's End started has really dipped in quality as a filler book), I haven't really found all that many good DC books. All being well, once convergence is done that can change.

3. The end of 'Where is Jake Ellis?' - this is now becoming a permanent fixture of my comics wish list. It's been nearly two years since issue 3 and six months since issue 4. Hopefully 2015 will see its final issue released.

4. Some great books with Chris Samnee, Ryan Stegman or Francesco Francavilla on art - There's logic to this. Samnee's on Dardevil, Stegman is always on Marvel books which have no appeal to me and Francavilla seems to do mostly covers. However, if each of them was given a great, interesting, ongoing project I would snap up all three in a heartbeat.

5. Lazarus is made into a twice monthly series - This will NEVER happen, but it's such a good book that a guy can dream.

6. Marvel stops charging $5 for issue 1's - also won't happen, especially when people like me encourage it by picking up Ant-Man #1. Would be nice if we all had willpower, but maybe that's something we can work on. Gotta make Marvel listen with your money right?

7. A Punk Rock Jesus sequel (sorta) - Sean Gordon Murphy's series was f****** awesome and, while he's now busy working with the likes of Snyder and Millar, I'd like to see another terrific series in the same vein as PRJ.

8. A Dark Horse book which appeals to me - This isn't Dark Horse's fault, but I can never find a book that I seems like my thing.

9. Spider-Gwen outsells everything - Gwen Stacy rocks and Marvel are stupid to have killed her off way back when over Mary Jane and keep her that way. Therefore, I hope Spider-Gwen outsells everything every month just to prove a point.

10. Comics become cheaper so that I can buy more - yeah, this won't happen but I couldn't think of anything more and so figured I'd use this to round out to 10. It would be pretty great if this did happen though, right?

I'm sure there are more to my list and I'm certain that will be the case as the year progresses, but this a good set if dreams (however unrealistic) to start with.

No comments:

Post a Comment