Friday 5 January 2024

Sensational She-Hulk #3

So, with Nightwing having taken up the majority of my reading time during the first week of 2024, I decided to cap it with a smaller read in the form of the Sensational She-Hulk #3
And small was most definitely the word!!

Picking up from where issue 2 cut off, the Hulk cousins continue to face off against the Booths, the Hulk obsessed Power couple from the previous She-Hulk run, who are attempting to find a fix for their own plight.

I have to admit, this could be, without doubt the quickest comic book I've ever read, as I burned through it on five minutes. Rainbow Rowell seems to have taken her foot of the gas in this issue to provide a quiet middle issue to her story.

Of course, this (along with its speed) doesn't mean that it was a bad issue because I thought, despite its relative quietness, the was a nicely heartfelt issue focusing on the dynamic between two cousins with Rowell's writing moving a nice consistent, if brisk, pace.

Meanwhile, Andres Genolet continues to provide some beautifully stylish artwork, maintaining the Jade Giantess' adventures with the sort of glamour look which feels in keeping with the character.

There isn't much I can say about this issue. The Sensational She-Hulk's third issue is very much a quiet affair, to the point one could call it filler. However, it's such a poignant and we'll written placeholder that I'm kind of sad I read through it as quickly as I did.

Hopefully, the next issue will take me a little bit longer to get through.

No comments:

Post a Comment