Friday 21 August 2015

The November 2015 Solicits!!!

I'm running a little late this week in going through the solicits for November. There are a few reasons for this; 1. It has been one hell of a busy week for me in the real world, an all work and no play kind of deal, and 2. I've been reeling from the fact that the Baxter Building is now being taken over by Spider-man (pretty much confirming that the FF aren't coming back anytime soon). This second thing has really gotten me angry, thus what books interested me kinda went on a back burner while I got over it.

Well, over it I have gotten and, having gone through it all, I have managed to find a larger number than normal of comics which have me tempted.

Black Magick #2 (Image) - In truth, there is nothing really about this issue which grabs me as the synopsis is as limited as my actual magic skills. However, much like issue 1, the fact that it's brought to us by Greg Rucka and Nicola Scott more than makes up for any fears that it might be no good. So until I have a copy in my hand, I'm willing to take a chance here.

Black Science #17 (Image) - Aah, Black Science. This was a guaranteed pick after how the last arc finished, hinting at greater and more epic things. Well, as much as the last issue had me hooked (much like the rest of the series), the promise of a brand new era and direction really has me wishing for a speedy release. Also, given he's dipsosed of most of the cast, I'm really intrigued how Remender deals with that fallout.

Huck #1 (Image) - Now this is a surprise entry to anyone who knows me because if there is a most committed fan to Mark Millar then I am the furthest thing from it. However, having previously read that this would be a heart-warming story as well as it's very 'Superman in Smallville' premise has me really wanting to forget my dislike for his other works (only some, I did like Civil War) and pick this up.

Lazarus #21 (Image) - There's not really anything I need to say here: It's Lazarus. It's Rucka, Hark and Forever Carlyle, all together for the most awesome and addictive book I've read as the fourth arc comes to a bloody close (I assume). However, 21 does have all the more addicted to it based on the cover alone; Is that Johanna Carlyle shown to be in charge?

Superman: American Alien #1 (DC Comics) - I was starting to think that superhero comics were a thing of the past for me giving the end of Waid and Samnee's Daredevil and the dropping of Earth 2 (yep, it's finally gone). However, despite not liking the direction of Superman's world by DC, this series looks like something fun and optimistic and similar to what I think the character should be about. However, Nick Dragotta on art has me a bit cautious.

Unfollow #1 (Vertigo) - Now this is a last minute add which has really gotten me hooked and is refusing to let go. Unfollow seems to be some kind of political thriller focusing around social media and speaks of a millionnaire giving up his fortune to only 140 strangers. I'm not entirely sure what's going on here, but the cover is fantastic and, while they say don't judge a book by it's cover, that is what certainly got me wanting to follow it (see what I did there?!).


And so that's it. As I mentioned, Earth 2: Society has been dropped, simply because I would rather read something I enjoy totally instead of just for the art. Meanwhile, Marvel has been completed exiled from my pull list, partly over the Fantastic Four thing and partly over other stuff (which I might rant about another time).


Nonetheless, I'm really excited about this month's choices and, despite not being able to get them all (damn budgets), I'm really looking forward to November arriving so I can get to read most of this list.


For now though, as I get my order ready, one last decision remains: Which do I order, Huck or Unfollow?

No comments:

Post a Comment