Friday 21 March 2014

June 2014's Solicits!!!

So, over the last week (and a bit, I guess), the big comic book publishers have performed their monthly ritual of releasing their June 2014 solicitations over the internet. Now, previously, I had gone off of the previews catalogue that is on sale at the end of the month. However, I'm an impatient chap and so, this time round, I decided to go through solicits online.

Previously, I'd said that the reason for going by the book was because of my fear of missing things. However, my impatience is not the only reason for getting it done now. My need for money (as like everyone else's) has meant that I am cutting down my comic book budget. Because of this, Sinestro, Aquaman and the Others and C.O.W.L., which all were on my prior month pull lists have been pulled, mainly because a) I don't have the money and b) They have not maintained my interest since first announcement.

So, going into June, my pull list has changed (slightly). What survived, though, is as follows:

Earth 2 #24 (DC Comics) - At this point I don't think there is anything I could be told that would make me drop this title. It's been THAT good. The only disappointment is it isn't bi-weekly.

Alex + Ada #7 (Image) - See the note above for Earth 2, because it's pretty much word for word relevant to Alex + Ada too. I'm in 'til the end.

Mass Effect: Foundation #12 (Dark Horse) - Mass Effect hasn't been a fantastic series but it's had its moments. Now, as we're 92% through (I just worked that out), it seems pointless to drop. Might as well finish. Not the attitude to have, but it's the one I got.

Fantastic Four #6 (Marvel) - Two issues in and I am digging the new FF. Isn't as awesome as Waid and Hickman's respective runs, but it's still better than Fraction's (so far) and I think Leonard Kirk's art here is worth the price of the book alone, even if issue 6 is a damn tie-in.

She-Hulk #5 (Marvel) - I'm still on the fence about Shulkie but issue 2 was still good fun and I'm tempted to have more faith in it going forward. (Will probably tank now knowing my luck).

Serenity: Leaves on the Wind #6 (Dark Horse) - By the time I'm writing this, I'm only two issues in. But they've been two damn good issues and I really wanna see how things play out. Unless things change, that's why this is here!!!

Daredevil #4 (Marvel) - It's Daredevil. It's written by Mark Waid and it's drawn by Chris Samnee. Need I say more?? Unless this new run severely tanks (which I doubt) then Daredevil gets a place for life.

Green Arrow #32 (DC Comics) - I was recommended this book in a previous comment and I've gotta admit the recent solicits have made it tempting. This issue claims to be 'a perfect jumping on point', which makes it a definite yes for the month.

Secret Origins #3 (DC Comics) - During my pull list shake up, this was going to go the way of Sinestro and the 2nd Aquaman book. However, those darn solicits have made it SO. VERY. TEMPTING. Until issue 1 is in my hands and proves to be crap, Secret Origins is getting a place and a chance (despite its high costs).

Inhuman #3 (Marvel) - When April's solicits were released, Inhuman wasn't a book that appealed to me. What changed? Joe Madureira's art, that's what!!! The more I see of it, the more I'm digging it and that's why this book's still here. Hopefully, the whole package what the art previews is promising.

Iron Fist: The Living Weapon #3 (Marvel) - It's the Immortal Iron Fist and I love this character!!! Maybe I'm placing too much faith in this series, but Kaare Andrew's art looks fitting and that's enough for me right now. Besides, what's life without a little faith?

And that's it really. I'm kinda bummed that it's mostly Marvel and DC because I was hoping for my Image stuff overall but, sadly, nothing took my fancy this month. Oh well, maybe I'll have better luck in July, particularly because it is when Rick Remender's Low comes out (yay)!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment